Bath Bomb Extravaganza!


So I have finally got around to writing my first blog post of 2015.  I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas and that your 2015 has got off to a good start.  I am now back at work and while I have been thoroughly enjoying being back, it has completely exhausted me, hence the lack of blog posts.  I'm beginning to build up my strength though and get back into the routine of working so I'm hopeful that you will start to see more regular blog posts as I have got quite a few ideas on the horizon.

I wanted to write a post about some of the bath bombs I've been using over the Christmas and New Year period.  First of all though, I have a little confession to make... Up until the end of last year, I had never used a bath bomb in my whole life!  Yes, I know, shocking!  This was mainly down to the fact that I rarely took baths (don't worry I did shower instead!) because due to my body image issues, baths became a huge source of anxiety for me.  However, over the past few months, I have been working on a few coping strategies which have got me to the point that taking a bath is no longer a traumatic experience but a relaxing one.  As a result of my recent discovery of the wonderful world of baths, a lot of my family gave me a generous amount of bath bombs, melts, lotions and potions for Christmas.  Every bath I've had, I've had something new to try and I've began to see what I've been missing out on for all these years.



I did get quite a lot of bath bombs from Lush but I wanted to share these ones from Bomb Cosmetics as I thought the designs were just so cute and decorative, I couldn't resist photographing them.  The only thing about them being so lovely to look at is that it seems a bit of a shame to drop them into the bath and watch them disappear.


 The sweet little cupcake in the middle is the Hibiscus Blossom Bath Brûlée, which is more of a bath melt than a bath bomb.  It fizzes slowly and releases cocoa butter into the water which you then rub into your skin.  It left my skin very soft and moisturised but I have to say I wasn't so keen on the scent, it was a bit unusual.

The bath bomb on the left is the Fairytale Fantasy one.  It fizzed in the bath, turning the water a lovely pink colour and giving off a very sweet, floral scent.  The one on the right is the Fuchsia Falls bath bomb and if I'm to be honest, it gave off nearly the same effect as the Fairytale Fantasy which was a little disappointing but still lovely all the same.

I am most definitely a convert to bath bombs and am excited about trying out some more.  I find them a really good distraction in the bath which helps me with my body image woes. On the whole, I'd say the equivalent Lush products were better, they may not have such intricate designs but the effects and scents they give off when dropped into the bath are simply amazing!  I was completely mesmerised by the Shooting Stars bath bomb from Lush, I suddenly found myself bathing in what looked like a dark, night, starry sky, which was pretty surreal.  The bomb cosmetics products are a slightly cheaper alternative though and still make for a pleasant, relaxing bath.

What are your favourite bath bombs?

The One Day Seeker


Comments

  1. Ah now you know I'm a massive fan of a bathbomb & these look beautiful :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts