Christmas Gift Ideas

I honestly can't believe just how quickly Christmas is approaching, December already feels like it's flying by.  Luckily, I decided to get all my Christmas shopping out the way in November as I wanted to make the most of the time I have off work and hit the shops before they got busier.  I was on a very tight budget this year as I have been off work for more than half the year!  However, I am happy that I've been able to pick up a few bits to treat my friends and family.  Besides, I often think the amount of money some people spend at Christmas unethical and as cheesy as it sounds, it really is the thought that counts.

As my family and most of my friends do not know about my blog, I am able to share what I bought for them with you.  I'm hoping it may give others ideas on what to buy...


Owl storage box - TK Max - £3.99
Shortbread biscuits in a tin - Poundland - £1
Minstrels - Poundland - 3 for £1
Owl candle - Primark - £2.50
Butterfly Hair Clips - Primark sale - £1
Earrings - Primark - £1.50
I decided to buy this very cute and unique Owl gift box in TK Max for my stepmum and I filled it up with some little things that I know she loves.  TK Max do such lovely storage boxes which are ideals for presents.

Blooming Beautiful Gift Box - Lush - £9.25
This was a very straight forward present to get.  My sister has always loved Lush products and with so many choices of gift boxes, it was easy to pick one out for her.  I always love going into Lush if only to take in the lovely scents of the products, especially at Christmas time when they have their seasonal range.  The gift boxes are so beautifully wrapped.  It's lovely to be able to buy a present and not have to worry about having to wrap it as we usually find ourselves doing enough of that already in the lead up to Christmas.

AA Torch Set - Sainsbury's Petrol Station - £9.99
Haribo Jelly Babies - Poundland - £1
For me anyway, men are always the most difficult to buy for but when I found this torch set I knew I had my stepdad sorted.  He loves a gadget and particularly likes head torches (I can't see the appeal myself!).  I also got him some of his favourite sweets - everyone knows diets go out the window at Christmas.

Knitted baby sweater - handmade by me!
Snowflake Throw - Primark - £4.50
Pack of 3 Christmas Candles - Primark - £2.50
Gingerbread House Jelly Beans - Primark - £4
I bought these gifts for my aunt, her husband and my baby cousin.  I have a bit of a tradition where I always knit my cousins something for their first Christmas - perhaps I'm a bit old fashioned?  My aunt, uncle and cousin have just moved into a new house this year so I thought the throw and the candles would be great for the home.  I couldn't believe the price of the throw - such good value and it is ever so soft!  I just love the design of the gingerbread man jelly beans box - I thought they'd be lovely to display in the home and eat of course over the festive period.

Green shoulder bag - Primark sale - £3
Aztech scarf - Primark sale - £2
Every year I always do a Secret Santa with a group of my friends.  It really does save on having to buy for everybody and can mean you put more thought into the present you do buy.  In our Secret Santa we aren't allocated names so we have to buy something generic that we think anyone in the group would like.  When I saw this bag and scarf in the sale in Primark, I had a feeling it would do the job.  I think I managed to get quite a lot for our £5 budget.  I especially love the rich green colour of the bag.  I always find that buying things that I would love to have myself tend to make the best presents.

The Hunger Games Catching Fire DVD - HMV - £6.99
Pack of Drawing Pens - Amazon - £5.63
Gone Girl Book - Amazon - £3.95
When my brother and I were struggling on ideas for what to buy my mum for Christmas, we went and asked her what she'd like and she spilled out a list of very random and unconnected objects!  These three things were on her list so I know she'll like them.  That was easier than I thought!

Polar Bear hand warmer - Primark - £1
Slipper boots - Primark - £4
Christmas wreath candle - Primark - £3
I bought the hand warmer and the slipper boots as cosy presents for my grandma.  The wreath candle is a joint present for my grandma and granddad - I think it will make such a lovely Christmas decoration.

Vegetarian Recipe Book - The Works - £1.99
Muppets Socks - Primark - £6
Nivea men shower gel and deodorant set - Tescos - £3
Lindt chocolate reindeers - Tescos - 2 for £4
Build Your Own Snowman set - Primark - £4 
These are a few odds and ends really.  The recipe book is for my brother as we have a bit of a joke about him being the only vegetarian in our household.  The Muppets socks are for my granddad as he's always been a bit of a joker and I know he will appreciate them.  The Nivea set is for my brother in law - a bit of a boring present but I find these kind of sets ideal when you don't have a clue what to buy someone.  I bought the chocolate reindeers for my stepbrothers as a bit of a back up present as I'm not sure if we're going to be seeing them over Christmas or not.  I realised after I bought them that one reindeer looks friendly and the other one has evil eyes - I found that quite funny!  The Build Your Own Snowman set - I haven't decided who I'm going to give this to but I picked it up because it looked unusual and fun.

Hope I've given you a few ideas on how to do Christmas shopping on a budget.  I have also handmade some presents as well which saves on money and I always find that people really tend to appreciate the effort that's gone into handmade gifts.

Here are some of my presents all wrapped and ready to go!
I got my wrapping paper from Primark at £1 per roll.  I especially love the purple and silver design - I think it looks like the kind of wallpaper you'd find in a particularly grand country house!

It feels as though my best Christmas present ever has come early for me.   If you have read some of my previous posts, you will know that I have been off work for over 7 months due to a downturn in my mental health earlier in the year.  I have worked incredibly hard to return to my job and had a number of set backs during the process.  It had always been my hope to get back to work in time for Christmas but the chances of that happening were looking very bleak.  I found out yesterday that I am returning to work on Monday, which means that I will be back for the last week of term before Christmas.  This has always been my favourite time of year to be working in a school as everyone is always so jolly and excited for the holidays.  
I really could not have asked for a better Christmas present!

Warmest wishes,
The One Day Seeker


Comments

  1. Great idea for Christmas, my husband and I are going to visit friends and family abroad over the festive season. My daughter and I recently made scented candles with food coloring and food grade extracts. Was a really neat little DIY project and the candles turned out great. A project well worth the time and great gift to give. Thanks.

    Sheila @ Custom Candle Co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is celebrated all over in the India also with colourful lights, flowers, and tasty cakes. Christmas is incomplete without santacluas who is the reason of happiness.

    christmas gift ideas india | Birthday Gifts to India, | online cake delivery India, | Send Sweets to India

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts