Frozen Inspired Nails and Managing Theatre Flashbacks




Just a quick post as I've got another one on the cards which I should hopefully have uploaded by the end of the week.  The other night, I made a very out of the ordinary trip to my local theatre to see Sing-a-long-a Frozen!  The theatre and I have only recently been reacquainted after years of missing out on countless shows I would have liked to see due to anxiety.  I absolutely adore Disney's Frozen though as I think it has such a powerful message and as strange as it may sound, it really helped me in my recovery.  When one of my friends started to arrange a group trip to see it, I knew that this was something I just couldn't miss out on and it would be an ideal challenge for me.

The show was a dress up one and as I sat in the theatre foyer, I experienced a very surreal sight of an endless stream of small children dressed up as Elsa.  It was very sweet, if slightly creepy!  I'm pleased to report that I didn't dress up but I did kind of go for a Frozen inspired outfit, hairstyle and decided that I had to have nails to match.  First I painted on a pale blue Rimmel 60 seconds polish.  I think the colour is so cool and wintery.  I used it a lot over the winter, not only because it matched a lot of my outfits but also because it is so quick and easy to apply.  I love all Rimmel's 60 second polishes as they really do dry so quickly and you only need one coat.  They are also highly affordable and last a long time without chips or cracks.  If I wanted to add a bit of a glittery top coat, I always reach for my Rimmel Disco Ball polish.  I'm surprised it's still going, the amount I use it!  I had never used it on top of this particular polish though and I was so pleased with the result.  The top coat has little silver and blue pieces of glitter which really complemented the pale blue base coat.  
I think the look definitely had a Frozen vibe! 

The theatre was completely packed full of very excited children which was lovely but a big challenge for me.  The show required a lot of audience participation which was all good fun but it meant a lot of background noise which is one of my worst triggers.  During the show I experienced two flashbacks.  It was a lot to manage but the main thing is that I did manage. When I found myself happily singing along (probably not tunefully) to my favourite Frozen songs, I felt as though it had all been worthwhile and I am so pleased that I challenged myself to go.

If you suffer from anxiety, it can be the safest option to sit at home in the knowledge that all your friends are out enjoying themselves and while that may feel safe, it is always going to be sad and lonely.  As challenging as it may be, the only way you can work to overcome the things you are anxious about is by pushing yourself to do them.  Sometimes it is about taking risks, you have to accept that the worst possible scenario might happen but also that if it does, you will try everything you can to cope with it and manage it.  It's scary and there's bound to be set backs but when things start to work out, it's worth every bit of anxiety and effort it took to get there.

So challenge youself! Challenge yourself to do the one thing you'd love to do and go for it.
Go armed with sparkly nails if it makes you feel just that little bit more positive and confident.

The One Day Seeker

Comments

Popular Posts