October Favourites

I realise that I'm cutting it a little late with my October favourites but I wanted to write the post anyway as I have really enjoyed looking at other people's favourite type posts and videos.

So here are a few things I've picked up and been loving throughout October...


This tartan satchel is my top purchase this month.  I love satchels as they are so practical when you have a lot to carry.  When I start looking towards the winter, I have an overwhelming urge to collect all things tartan.  I had a tartan rucksack last year but it only lasted the winter as the straps broke so I was keen to replace it with something more hard-wearing.  I found this gorgeous tartan and leather-look satchel on Ebay.  It was around £25.00 and I was very impressed with the quality.  I am hoping to use this bag when I finally return to work after a very long sickness leave (which I hope will be very soon - fingers crossed!).


I picked up this bag the other day.  At £3 it was far cheaper than the satchel and for that price I can never resist.  It was in the sale in Primark and I thought it would be ideal as a going out bag for me as I have quite a lot of dresses in similar nude and light pink tones.


This was another little purchase from Primark.  I've been listening to music out of one failing earphone for months and just never got round to replacing them.  I have a slight polar bear obsession so when I saw these little cuties going for £3 in Primark I just had to pick them up and give them a go.  I have always found it very difficult to find earphones that stay in my ears and are comfortable as I think I have quite small ears.  However, I have been really impressed with how these fit and I was also surprised by the good sound quality that comes through them.


Another polar bear related item. I know the picture quality isn't very good but I just had to include these.  I saw these in Tescos and could not get over the cuteness of them.  They were part of a pack of socks and all the others have similar designs with polar bears on.  I always find Tescos really good for ankle socks and these were only £4 for a pack of 5.


I have quite literally been wearing these black shiny brogues to death!  I had been seeing them in so many different shops and was keen to buy a pair.  In the end I opted for buying them from my good old faithful Primark.  I had seen lots of pairs I liked in other shops but I opted for the Primark ones as they were quite narrow in shape.  I have extremely narrow feet so it can be really difficult to find shoes that fit well but these are exceptionally good for me.  I have found them really practical, especially in wet weather as they are waterproof and save me from getting soggy socks (never nice!).  What I like about them as well is that they can work with almost any outfit - smart or casual.  I think I will be wearing them a lot when I go back to work.


This was quite a silly little thing I bought but I think it is unbelievably cute.  I saw these going in one of those little coin machines at a service station in France and my inner child just had to put the money in, turn the handle and get one.  I got this little fox in a basket and decided to attach him to my car keys.


It has been so exciting to see scrunchies coming back in as it brings back memories of my old school days when I used to dash around the playground with a ponytail and a sizeable scrunchie in my hair.  I have been seeing so many pretty designs everywhere but I ended up getting all these from Primark as they are so cheap (£1.50 for 2).  I love the autumnal colours and they are so handy to add a bit of colour to a simple and quick hairstyle.


I have posted some photos about this on Instagram already but this colouring book has literally been a lifesaver at times.  When I was little I used to love my colouring books and I always found it such a shame that there aren't more colouring books out there for adults as colouring can be really therapeutic.  I was delighted when I found this Creative Colouring for Grown-Ups book going in The Works for £3.99.  Due to my mental health difficulties I can experience very intense bouts of emotion and during those times, I find it really helps to do a soothing exercise like colouring as it can distract me and calm me down until the bout passes.  Beware though, once you start one of those patterns you won't be able to stop!



This is my new sketchbook.  As I've mentioned in previous posts, art is the way in which I express and release things that I can't communicate otherwise so sketchbooks have always been very important to me.  I had grown very attached to my old sketchbook so I knew it would be hard to find something new that would fit the bill.  In the end I decided to go for a Reeves A4 Canvas Covered Sketchbook.  I liked the idea of being able to paint on the front and back of the sketchbook.  The two paintings shown above are going to be featured again soon in a post I'm going to write about dissociation.  I ordered the sketchbook from Amazon for £9.99 but I have since seen similar ones in The Works.  In all honesty, the paper quality of the Crimson-Blake ones I have seen in The Works looks a lot better so I am kicking myself a little that I didn't see them first.





Another thing that I have been loving throughout October is taking walks.  My energy levels are a bit variable and I have to steer myself away from more intensive forms of exercise as I have tended to overexercise in the past.  However, I have found walking to be the most amazing and refreshing alternative.  I am very lucky in the sense that I have some very scenic walking routes right on my doorstep and I am only a half hour drive away from the sea.  Walking can have such a positive affect on me and I have found the weather over the past couple of weeks particularly beautiful.

I hope you have enjoyed having a browse through my October favourites.  I know they are a bit of an odd bunch but I'd love to know what you think.

The One Day Seeker

Comments

Popular Posts