Homeware Ideas: Turning a Day Bed into a Comfy Sofa

In the New Year I am going to be moving out into my own flat which I am really excited about!  This has meant that I have had an excuse to start thinking about homeware a little bit more.  I know my move is still a way off but I have been collecting a few bits early so that I don't have to panic and buy everything in one go.  I also have quite limited funds so I've been trying to think up ways whereby I can create a nice home for myself without being too out of pocket.  

One way I decided to try and save money was turning my current bed into a sofa.
This also gave me an excuse to buy lots of lovely cushions...


My bed is the Hemnes Day Bed from Ikea (£260).  It has three drawers underneath it which is excellent for storage.  It also has a part that pulls out making it into a double bed which will be handy for when I have guests staying over.

I got the white fluffy throw from Primark for only £15 and it is super soft.  I've already managed to get a stain on it though (grrr) so perhaps it wasn't the most sensible colour to buy.


My bedside cabinet is also from Ikea, I don't think they sell the exact one I've got anymore but there are ones like it for less than £50.

The large faux-fur cushions are my latest purchase and I am so pleased with them, they have really padded out the sides and have made it so comfortable to sit on.  I really cannot explain to you just how soft they are as well.  I decided to buy them in three different colours - Mocha, Silver and Ivory, only because I couldn't decide which one I liked best and I think they work well together.  The cushions were £8 each and were half price in the sale in BHS Home.  If you like them, I would really encourage you to snap them up while the sale's on because I think they are such good quality for the money.


All the little cushions I have collected over a few months from Primark Home and they all cost either £3 or £4 each.  Primark do great designs and they are so cheap, I can never resist.  My favourite is the grey and pink cushion with the Eiffel Tower on it.  
The cuddly polar bear - have no idea where he was from, I've had the dude years!



My brother bought me the clock as a present a couple of years ago.  He got it from a shop called Past Times which sells all sorts of old fashioned style gifts.  I adore this clock but I confess I did take the batteries out as I can never sleep with a clock ticking in my ear but it is still beautiful as an ornament.  I'm not sure if Past Times is still in business as the one near me closed down?  I was so sad when it closed as I loved looking around there so much.


I got my bedside lamp from Homebase a couple of years ago but I know they sell one that is almost identical to it in Ikea.  It gives off enough light for me to use it as a reading light.

I hope I've given you a few inexpensive homeware ideas in this post.

The One Day Seeker



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts