Road Trip with the Parentals: Exploring Quaint Little English Towns

 About a week ago, I went on a brief venture with the parentals looking at some towns in the West of England and South Wales.  My parents are planning on relocating to South Wales in the New Year due to my stepdad's work.  They aren't completely set on the area they are going to move to so decided to look at areas on both sides of the Welsh border.  As I have recently developed a bit of a liking for exploring places that I haven't been before, I decided to tag along for the ride.  

Here are photos I took of some of the towns we visited...

Ledbury






After driving swiftly through Worcester, the first town we stopped in was Ledbury.  It was incredibly quaint and chocolate box style.  My parents certainly fell in love with it!  We had lunch in a little cafe and the whole place just had such a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Malvern
The most brilliant name for a pub in my opinion!



Malvern was our next stop.  I have to say, the Malvern Hills were pretty spectacular, absolutely stunning in fact!  I really liked some of the architecture we saw in the town and I found the Great Malvern Priory especially appealing to photograph.  Malvern was far more hilly than we expected and as my parents are looking to move to a place they will eventually be able to retire to, it wasn't so suited for them as a relocation prospect.  It is a lovely town though.

Ross-on-Wye




We visited the Wye Valley before during the summer however we mainly explored the welsh side so we hadn't been to Ross-on-Wye.  Again, a very quaint little town (you are probably getting an idea of my parents' tastes)!  We loved Ross-on-Wye, particularly for its views, but we were quite surprised about the amount of traffic through the town centre.  Perhaps we came at the wrong time but I think my parents were hoping it would be a bit quieter.

These were the only towns I took photos of during our trip.  We also visited Hereford and a number of villages around Monmouth on the second day of our trip but it was pouring it down so unfortunately there weren't many photo opportunities.  It was a shame as we saw such beautiful scenery and some of the villages were just simply idyllic.  My parents decided to settle on their original plan to move to Monmouthshire so I may be returning with them on another trip when they start house hunting.  
I love looking at properties even if I'm not looking for myself!

The One Day Seeker

Comments

Popular Posts