Autumn Nails


I'm sorry to say that autumn has always been my least favourite season.  I suppose I've always looked at it as a bit of an in between time of year.  The weather can be quite unpredictable and it can be difficult to decide what to wear, how many layers to take out and whether to bring an umbrella.  I've never really got my head round Halloween either - people in strange costumes has always just freaked me out (I probably sound like the weirdest and most boring person to have walked the planet but hey ho - that's just me).  I have decided to break the habit of a life time and attempt to embrace Halloween this year and will be going to my first Halloween party.  After looking at other people's autumn favourites type posts, I have also become a little more inspired and am now warming to it.

One thing, and perhaps the only thing, I have ever liked about autumn are the colours of the leaves.  I'm hoping to do some landscape focused photography in a few weeks when my surroundings are looking more vibrant in colour.  Following my love of autumn colours, I have been loving seeing some of the autumnal coloured nail varnishes that are on display in so many places at the moment, particularly the BarryM range.

Superdrug (and Boots as well I think) are currently doing an offer where if you spend over £7 on all BarryM cosmetics, you get their showgirl mascara free.  When I saw this I decided to pick up three nail varnishes that I have been eyeing up for a little while.  I haven't tried out the mascara yet as I scarcely wear eye make up (another oddity about myself) but I'm sure I will soon.  

Below, I've shown two of the looks I've tried to achieve with the nail varnishes I chose...





For this look I used the Gelly Hi-Shine in Mustard Yellow and the Matte nail paint in Mocha.  I hadn't tried out any from the matte range before buying the mocha shade so I wasn't really sure what to expect.  I have to say, I really liked the texture, if anything just to run my fingers over!  I am definitely going to try a couple more from the matte collection in the future.  I was very drawn to the Mustard Yellow varnish as I think it is such an unusual colour and very much reflective of autumn.  As the polish was a Hi-Shine one, I thought it might work well for a signature nail standing out against the matte.  I haven't ever tried this kind of style and I am not too sure on it but I certainly will be using both these nail varnishes again this season.




I had been eyeing up the Rasberry Nail Paint from the basic colours range for a long time, mainly because I have a skirt that matches the colour so well!  I thought it would work well for both autumn and winter.  The colour is slightly different to how it appears in the photos, it is more of a deep pink colour than a red.  I couldn't resist adding a bit of sparkle by applying my very long serving Rimmel Lasting Finish Disco Ball nail varnish as a top coat.  I think the two worked really well together and I look forward to trying it again around Christmas time.

There are so many other really lovely autumnal shades in the BarryM collection so it is definitely worth taking a look.  I would happily buy the entire collection if I could!

The One Day Seeker





Comments

Popular Posts